Wednesday 15 July 2015

The Joker Entrepreneur

I have always been a fan of Batman but moving from the corporate world to entrepreneurship.
I had a change of heart.

Bruce Wayne was born a Billionaire... I was not...Joker was a joke but he did made a mark in Gotham.

When creating a new business, be The Joker from Batman. With a bit of dark comedy, I believe we can take some quick lessons around the mindset of an entrepreneur.

1. "Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I’m a dog chasing cars. I wouldn’t know what to do with one if I caught it. You know, I just… do things."

Be the entrepreneur without restrictions, be the entrepreneur chasing untenable goals.

Being an entrepreneur is the chance to create something new, something that will be a complete failure or a complete success, without any middle ground. So do not restrain yourself to tried out models, to tried out formulas, but more important, do not restrain yourself to a goal!

You do not know what is going to happen, so be open-minded.

2. "If you’re good at something, never do it for free."

Sometimes is not about the money...When you are good at something, please do share your skill, talent and experience, but you have to keep in mind, why you are doing so and if is the best investment.

Every help you provide can be seen as an investment. You can help someone that one day will help you back. You can be helping as we speak a new company to grow, and one day they will hire you.

Be always available, but be smart to whom!

3. "Now, our operation is small, but there’s a lot of potential for “aggressive” expansion. So, which one of you fine gentlemen would like to join our team? Oh, there’s only one spot open right now, so we’re gonna have…Tryouts. Make it fast."

Supply and demand are two forces present in our everyday decisions. When you have a project, you may at some point control one of those two forces (but never both together).

It is essential to learn how to regulate each one of those forces to be successful.

4. "This city deserves a better class of criminal. And I’m gonna give it to them."

Believe yourself and your team!

*-*

I really appreciate that you are taking the time to read this post.


Any comments, experiences, advice or rants, are welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment